This video of 90 year old Amy Brastad proves that people of all ages can have fun doing agility!
I'm not sure much needs to be said after that (although I'm sure I'll find a way to string a bunch of words together anyway)...
I was introduced to agility 3.5 years ago when I was in my mid *cough* forties. I had a million reasons why I probably couldn't do something like Agility: I am uncoordinated. I have a funky left leg from being a preemie. I am uncoordinated. I might trip and make a fool of myself. I am uncoordinated.
Somehow, despite my excuses, I kept right on showing up for classes. And I learned things. Seeing my dogs learn things is what keeps me trying to learn things!
I went to trials to see what that scene is about. At the trials there were people of ALL ages and ALL levels of coordination! In the end, I fit right in!
* Do you want to learn an entirely new way to communicate with your dogs?
* Do you want the challenge of working a course with your pup?
* Do you want to spend time with lots of other people that are crazy about dogs?
* Do you want to teach your dog tricks that will impress friends and strangers?
* Do you want the challenge of creatively storing a bunch of colorful ribbons?
If you answered yes to any of these, then regardless of your age, you can do Agility!
Please be sure and check out all of the other blogs about Aging and Agility here: Dog Agility Blog Action Day: Aging